2014-01-02

Backlog III - Break and a Smoke (and some mangled metaphors)

Part of my backlog is a large number of images that I've taken at one of my regular fishing holes in downtown Calgary: Stephen Avenue Mall. As I've said before the Mall is Calgary's living room (there, I've totally mixed my metaphors now) and always (let's see if I can mix it up even more) a happy hunting ground.

Some days I return empty handed, other days I return with my creel overflowing but most days, one image will be my take. I find that there about three spots that are worth setting up shop and casting for a while gives me good results.

Reviewing some of my backlog I found that I had several images that were reflective of "Break and a Smoke".

Export "A"
Early Morning Smoke
Poutine and Chop Sticks
Finally, a color image. This grabbed me as it was a perfectly good tubesteak left on a bench with a Pepsi to wash it down. I'm not sure where the diner went, it looks like they left in a hurry.

Break Over

Technical Notes

All of these images where captured using an Olympus E-P2 and the 45/1.8 lens. This is a really potent combination and while many like wide for the street, I like the portrait focal length. Processing in Lightroom and then into SilverFX 2 for the b/w images.

No comments:

Post a Comment